(I’m actually a teacher, wow. This is my job? I am responsible for the education of actual human beings. I have been trusted with this? That still is sinking in.)
- of course its starting with a new surge of covid and the possibility of going virtual. i am trying to not overthink things or get too anxious but wow i did not need that.
- i spent about as much time planning when i would do various planning as i did actually planning.
- i have a few new ideas for systems of organization, and i am excited to see if they work or make a difference and help me feel less chaotic.
- i am very nervous for reestablishing norms. balancing being kind and understanding and encouraging them to take care of themselves now more than ever while also having high expectations for what I think they are capable of
Update: Thoughts after 2 days:
- Wow I am so tired. I forgot how tiring this is
- i did miss this, and these kids.
- i did not miss emails. i hate answering emails. i don’t understand the genre of emails.
- in general, i am very happy with my decision to do minimal work during break. this week is a little more busy, but i am glad i let myself rest